Aug 11, 2011 11:12:54 AM - Tuomo Kuosa
Digital evolution designer Mika Ilari Koskinen stated in his interview that the new experts of the design field (and service design) are coming from all educational backgrounds in the future, not just a few like it was before, but they all go to work into the expanding creative industry (design + applied arts) and experience industry. He was able to locate the following six specific expertise needs of the design field in the future:
- Business development experience and competences are needed in design field in the future. This refers to people who have significant experience in business.
- Information architecture designers are highly needed too. This contains the following levels: substance level, user interface level, information security level, etc.
- 3D (physical and spatial) designers will be increasingly needed.
- Abilities to influence the economy and politics. This is important as big changes in the field and in production markets are needed.
- Abilities to understand the change is becoming more important.
- Abilities to establish and maintain all kinds of networkers will be vitally important in the future as well.
service design, creative industry, service architecture, networking, competence, expertise, education, design education